Re: Spitfire engine

To: bnicho19@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph Schneider)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:27:27 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill-
I did read the entire message. it implies the engine is out of the car and
the head is off already and the original message also implied a rebuild in
any case, I'm curious to know how
"compression and other tests can now be done to help determine wether to
procede at all"
can be done with the engine on the garage floor. are you suggesting Alan
Storey now try to pop it loose, and if successful, put the head back on and
stick the engine back in the car to see if it's OK? It's out of the car,
why not do a rebuild (seems we agree on this anyway)? I can't imagine
taking a chance going through the work of reinstalling it to see if it will
run just to check the compression and oil pressure

by the way, what should I conclude from the term "going off" and "I have
kids at home that don't listen either"?

Joe