Spitfire engine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire engine
From: "Alan Storey" <astorey@freya.berry.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:57:47 EST
Dear List,

I have a  '71 Spitfire parts car with an engine that will not
turn.  This car has been outside for years, and  I believe the
problem is rust.   The engine is still in the car, but I removed the
head from the engine.  It came off without too much trouble.  The
upper parts of the cylinders look good, but I suppose the rings are
rusted to the cylinders.  Is this engine worth working with at all?
If so, what should I do?  I would like to get a rebuildable engine
out of this if possible.  Thanks in advance for any advice you
can offer.

Alan Storey
Rome, Ga. USA
'65 Spitfire