gear oil and TR4A steering wheel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gear oil and TR4A steering wheel
From: jluke@unm.edu (James Luke)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:04:45 -0600 (MDT)
˙
greetings
I tried a synthetic gear oil in my TR4A called Redline MT.  It is a GL-4
75W-90 oil.  I was having trouble shifting in the mornings when the trans
was cold (not very cold in Albuquerque in the summer) with the natural GL-4˙
that I was using.  Synthetics are supposed to have more constant viscosity
over the temperature range.  Now it shifts as well cold as hot.  Expensive at
$8.50(US) per quart, but˙good stuff.

Another thing:  I am looking for a TR4A steering wheel.  condition is not tooI
important.  Anyone have a parts car laying around?  Please reply directly. ˙

Jim Luke            jluke@unm.edu