used differental prep

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: used differental prep
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 09:01:32 -0800
Hi all,

I finally found a differential for my Herald project car (thanks to the
list!!)
and now I'm wondering how I should prepare it to go into the car. Being
one not to
fix what is not broken I am tempted to flush it out with my favorite
(marvel mystery oil)
and install with abandon. However my MGB girlfriend says I should open it
up and take a look
inside. I really don't want to do this because.

1. I might find something wrong thus turning my free diff into one more
project to absorb my
material sucess.

2. I would need to replace seals, gaskets, etc.

Somebody please tell me that it's OK to put this sucker in without
rebuilding it, or assure me that it's a simple 10 minute operation that
won't in any way delay my path to topless enjoyment.

Thanks,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds