Re: hi to all...

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: hi to all...
From: "Scott D. Sanders" <ssanders@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 10:45:54 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Andrew Mace wrote:
> Quick answer: an FK prefix in Commission number would peg it as a 1971 or
> 1972. An FM prefix would peg it as a 1973 or later. Get the engine
> number, too; many different motors fit in there, so going by the engine
> number is the only sure way to tell exactly what it has.

> --Andy, who always thought that the Datsun Roadsters were the most
> nearly "British" of Japanese cars (Z's would be in 2nd place)!

hi andy, thanx for the help, i'll check it out. have you heard the story
of how the datsun roadsters came to be nicknamed Fairlady? nissan/datsun
had execs in the usa at the time, they attended a broadway production of
My Fair Lady. one of them was infatuated with the leading lady of the
play, and promised to name a car after her. don't know if he got lucky on
that one, but hence the name.. thanx, Cya

ssanders@mail.coin.missouri.edu