RE: Berry's Re: Antipodean greetings!

To: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
Subject: RE: Berry's Re: Antipodean greetings!
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 10:13:03 -0700 (MST)
Cc: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
> Hey, Berry just gave me a brainstorm...what if we run a contest for the least
> maintainable design on a Triumph?

While it may not be the least maintainable, what gets my vote for
most humorously failed attempt at making an engine bay accessible
goes to the late E-type with the rubber extensions on the
overriders.  Huge clamshell bonnet that raises up about three
inches before the overriders hit the ground and stop.  If only
they'd hinged it a few inches further forward, millions of man-
hours would have been saved worldwide.

Most maintainable?  Herald/Vitesse.  Just raise the bonnet, step
on in and have a seat on top of the front tyre.  Pure joy.  You
don't even have to protect the wings.  You can do 90% of the work
with just three spanner sizes, and there's usually more than one
way of getting at anything.

Of course I'm biased...

- dan parslow
'79 Spitfire