Re: TRF gearbox cover and rear hubs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, davcla@IX.NETCOM.COM
Subject: Re: TRF gearbox cover and rear hubs
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 08:27:00 PDT
Text item:

Hi All,

/The installation, of course, is straight foward enough but my
/question to y'all is this:  In your experience,  what have you found
/to be the best heat shield for the inside of the cover,  how did you
/attach it? Also,  I was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to
/wether or not it would get hot enough to melt if I went ahead and put
/it in until I Found a suitable solution?

The sandwiched bubble wrap insulation with foil on both sides works
great.  I can't remember the brand name, but it's available at home
improvement joints.  I got it at Orchard Supply in the Bay Area.  It's
thin (~1/4"), doesn't hold water, has a good R rating and is easy to
handle (roll, bend or fold and cuts with scissors).  I would advise you
to put it on the interior side of the cover, since you only need to tack
it in place with contact cement and the carpeting/dash stuff will keep
it there.  I did my GT6 tunnel several months ago and it cut down
footwell heat dramatically.  I'm also planning to cover the interior
firewall too one of these days.

Mike

Text item: External Message Header