Re: TRF gearbox cover and rear hubs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark )
Subject: Re: TRF gearbox cover and rear hubs
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 09:02:33 est
David asked;
>The installation, of course, is straight foward enough but my
>question to y'all is this:  In your experience,  what have you found
>to be the best heat shield for the inside of the cover,  how did you
>attach it? Also,  I was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to
>wether or not it would get hot enough to melt if I went ahead and put
>it in until I Found a suitable solution?

   I have been using a TRF Polyethelene Tranny cover with no heat shield
since October of '94 on my '80 Spitfire.  I have put close to 8,000 miles
on it and there is absolutely no signs of heat damage.  I too am interested
in what kind of heat and noise shielding works and the best way of
installing them.

   By the way, I purchased their "installation kit" which had the gasket
and new screws, bolts, washers, captive nuts, etc. and found it made the
installation totally painless!  The fit is perfect and completely water
tight.  Hope yours goes as well as mine.  I used contact cement in a tube
to attach the gasket to the cover and it worked well.

   regards,  John Pratchios, '80 Spitfire... top always down in Florida!