re: Spitfire brake tools

To: <jstrohm@unisql.unisql.com>
Subject: re: Spitfire brake tools
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 11:46:51 -24000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks for your answer!

I'll probably just go ahead and get a brake wrench; the brake line runs in
front of the adjuster, so I'm cramped for space.

Regarding the Mitivac: I've got a vacuum pump, and have tried that method for
bleeding with mixed results.  The problem is that if fluid can't flow from
the master cyl fast enough, I get bubbles in the fluid. Air tends to come in
around the bleeder threads, and any other place it can.  The bubbles make it
difficult to tell whether the cylinder is completely bled.

I'm going to build a pressure-bleeder.  Especially with lines that have
loops, the only way to clear the bubbles seems to be to put a large volume of
fluid thru the line in a hurry.

Sean Johnson
'75 Spitfire