Re: Brake master cylanders...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake master cylanders...
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 13:15:46 -0400
John:

>My question is when the MC is leaking is a rebuild possible
>or is a new MC in order

I'd say that depends on where it's leaking from. If from the bottom of
the reservoir I'd say a rebuild should be fine. If from the rear, where
the MC mates with the vacuum servo, then rebuilding is in doubt
and probably won't be known until you take the MC apart. You'll
need to check and see if the cylinder bore is corroded, and that
will require disassembly.

FWIW, I just went through this with my '72 TR6 and ended up
replacing the entire MC. I also found about two cups worth of
brake fluid inside the vacuum servo.

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com