Re: Brake master cylanders...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake master cylanders...
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 07:55:00 PDT
Text item:

>My brake master cylander seems to be leeking now.  TRF and moss offer
>rebuild kits.  My question is when the MC is leaking is a rebuild possible
>or is a new MC in order(or can you not tell
>till its off the car), and how long a procedure is replacing/repairing the MC?

        Jon,
        I recently replaced the brake master cylinder on my TR6.  Its easy to
        remove and install the MC....there's no physical attachment to the
        pedals.  Just remove the 2 brake lines and unbolt the 2 bols holding it
        to the vacumm booster and presto.  I actually took a few minutes to
        siphon the fluid out of the MC resivor before I removed it.  I didn't
        rebuild it I installed a new one.  Disassemble the sylinder and inspect
        the cylinder bore for scratches/pitting.  After reinstalling you need
        to bleed the brakes.  All told I did the entire replacement in less than
        1 hour including cleanup and a test ride.
        Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com
        57 TR3
        66 TR2000
        75 TR6