Re: HOW DO I REPLACE.......<Pine.A32.3.91.950822165523.28684D-100000@hol

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: HOW DO I REPLACE.......<Pine.A32.3.91.950822165523.28684D-100000@holly.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:08:54 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Hi all,

>How do I replace my rear wheel bearings on my '75 Spit?  What I'm really
>asking is; do I need any special tools to do it?

You might 'just' be lucky with a 3 legged puller(but I doubt it - before I get
flamed again,see previous post).  I once bolted a purpose built (OK, OK I made
it out of scraps of steel plate and bits of angle iron I had in the garage) to
a Herald rear shaft, only to find the hub pull of in my hand after the hub nut
was undone (can I please STATE that this is the ONLY time this has happened,
and I think the 'Hand of God' must also have helped).  Failing this the TSSC
sells a purpose built puller (Designed on the original tool) for this very job,
trouble is they sell it for 50 quid which is alot for a tool that (hopefully)
won't get used very often.

>I have a reasonable variety of tools, but I would like to hear from
>anyone who has done this job.

Would you class a 50 ton Hydraulic press as a 'reasonable variety of tools' :-)

Rich
Northampton
England.