re: Spitfire MkIII with Toledo engine<9508221815.AA11201@tin>

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: re: Spitfire MkIII with Toledo engine<9508221815.AA11201@tin>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:01:26 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>OK, I give up. What's a Toledo engine? Ohio or Spain?

It's the engine from a triumph Toledo.....Still confused, the Toledo was a
small saloon which looked like the Dolomite(I know it was a 'bit' different so
no flames please Mr Mace :-)), Still confused, then imagine a Triumph 2000
that has shrunk in the wash, it looks a little bit like that, OK :-)  Anyone
got a better comparison?

>Perhaps:

>1. An engine rebuilt by Corporal Klinger...

Who?

>2. An engine made of hard Spanish steel...

Nope!!!

>3. An engine hijacked on its way to Cleveland...

Possibly....

>Anyway, I'm lost. Any info appreciated!

You shouldn't stray so far from home then without a map!!! :-)

>Thanks,

No Problem!

>Larry

And my names Rich :-)

Sorry everyone, I've come to work in a sarcastic mood.  Please direct flames at
my car and not me - I need the insurance payout!!