Re: BRG color formula

To: DLTinkey@aol.com
Subject: Re: BRG color formula
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 07:57:43 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 14 Aug 1995 DLTinkey@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone provide the PPG color formula for BRG?
>
> Doyle Tinkey
> Denver, Colorado

        Which BRG? There are so many of them... Napier Green... Or a BRG
        that's so dark that it looks black (as some Jaguars were painted)...
        BRG that is frosty green metallic that they painted Aston Martins...
        Bentley/Lemans period green? There even was a British Racing Red at
        the turn of the century.

        Since you are asking on the Triumph list, I'll assume you are looking
        for a Triumph color. If you want authenticity then you should also
        specify year and type of Triumph. If you aren't particular about the
        "correct" color, my favorite is "Brooklands Green", a British
        Leyland color that MGs and some late TR6s or 7s were painted. It's
        brighter and a bit warmer than the conifer green that was the stock
        color for my TR4. It also is a very close match for those Pre-War
        Lemans Bentleys. I know, because I matched to a photo of one of the
        Bentley 4.5 litre Lemans cars (ya cn't get any BRG'er than that).I
        don't have the paint code with me at work, but it's in the Ditzler
        swatch book and you now know the name...

        Good Luck,
        Greg Petrolat

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois