Re: dieseling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dieseling
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 19:34:08 -0400
All after is true. Also bad gas (low octane) is equally important. anything
below 95/97 deisels in my car too.

OK

Use a coloure tune to check the carbs.

Check the compression for carbon (highly unreliable) and,

I have found that if you pour water into the carbs at 2500 to 3000 rpm in a
hot engine you can "dislodge" enough of the carbon to reduce the problem.

There are some risks to doing this which I hope others will describe. And
this is not a recommendation (disclaimers apply) But I've used it on my
wife's ford (163,000) mi. (I'd never let this happen to MY car!)