Re: Spreading vicious rumors

To: Thomas Augustus Kimberly <gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: Spreading vicious rumors
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 08:00:22 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Thomas Augustus Kimberly wrote:

> I only passed on the gossip I heard from him because I thought
> it might actually help TRF in that it would make people more likely to
> buy from them in order to keep them from going under.

        Or less likely to deal with them beacuse of their "imminent demise".

        Object lesson time (based on a true story):

        A physician once opened a medical practice in
        a small rural community. She wanted to practice medicine in
        a small town. it was a dream she'd had for a long time. Once open
        people started coming to her for their health care and over the years
        her practice slowly grew. Now, every time this doctor went on
        vacation or took a couple days off to attend a conference, rumors
        circulated that she was about to leave. When that happened she would
        notice a drop in appointments. It would take weeks to quash the rumors
        to the detriment of her practice.

> Simplistic yes, but I really didn't expect this violent a reaction.

        Feelings about TRF are strong amongst we Triumph folk. They were
        the first to seriously take care of us and we feel that Charles &
        Co. are like kin.

        Thomas, I know your heart is in the right place... But don't help
        that way. Seeing such news on the "net" only adds credence to it.

        Take care,
        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois