More posturing from atop an altitudinous equine

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: More posturing from atop an altitudinous equine
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 8:58:18 -0700 (MST)
I'm sorry to get a little off-topic, but I also fail to understand
all the razzing TRF and Runyon get for building the Coventry Inn.

If he'd used his profits to buy himself a yacht and a villa on
the French Riviera nobody would bat an eye.  Successful people
are entitled to that, right?  But instead he indulges a whim to
give something to his community and fellow enthusiasts; something
that he almost surely will never break even on, and everybody
seems to be giving him grief.

I applaud quality projects that enhance our landscape and are
built to last.  It's very much out of fashion in the current
economic climate.  And you can see it in all the crap being
thrown up everywhere you go.

(As Dennis Miller says, I don't wanna get on a rant here...)

Sorry for the digression.
djp@alpha.sunquest.com