Re: More TR6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More TR6 questions
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Tue, 23 May 95 17:32:41 CDT
Bruce wrote:
>Some of the other mechanicals (like the radiator hose layout)
>also don't appear to match the '72 model year... Comments?

Your numbers are right where they should be compared to my early '72
(CC75???) and late '72 (CC79???). Mine also did not match the TRF coolant
hose diagram. The literature often indicates that running production
changes were nothing unusual at BL. Don't know much about paint codes,
though.

>Also, I was stuck waiting in line for the drive-through teller and I
>noticed the engine temperature starting to approach the red line of the
>gauge.

I've had three and I've never seen half-scale on the gauge, even the 11:1
compression autocrosser in competition on July days before I put on an oil
cooler. I'd tend to suspect a blockage or weak water pump. Any rust in the
rad?

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com