More TR6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR6 questions
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 14:57:42 -0400
A couple of more comments / questions regarding my '72 TR6...

The more I look over the car the more confused I get. For instance, the
Chassis plate on the driver's side door jamb states that the car was
built in Sep. 71 (a '72 model), the chassis number is CC75665L, and the
color code is 55. According to the information I have, that color code
was not used after the 1971 model year 9or, at least, wasn't used in
'72). Some of the other mechanicals (like the radiator hose layout)
also don't appear to match the '72 model year, but those might have
been changed by a PO. Comments? FWIW, the engine number is CC75510E.
I'm beginning to wonder if this particular car was put together with
whatever pieces Triumph may have had laying about.  :)

Also, I was stuck waiting in line for the drive-through teller and I
noticed the engine temperature starting to approach the red line of the
gauge. Now there was still plenty of white left before overheating, but
I was only idling for about 10 minutes, and it was a cool day. Is this
typical? If so, I saw an electric fan arrangement offered by Moss
Motors that replaces the engine driven fan for (supposedly) better
cooling in these kinds of situations. Any comments on this gizmo? What
with the construction season upon us I'm now a bit concerned about
being stuck in traffic on a hot day. How else can I improve the cooling
of this beastie?

Thanks!

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY