Re: RE: clutch in/out

To: rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: clutch in/out
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 19:26:59 -0400
I HATE CLUTCH/IGNITION INTERLOCKS!!!  Seems to me this is the same thinking
that leads to the gvmt. protecting us from our selves for our own
protection...first it was ignition interlocks on the seatbelts, now passive
belts or air bags instead of seatbelts, safety stickers all over bicycles
instead of safe riding instruction, child proof caps instead of
storage/access responsibility, gun regulations instead of swift justice in
the courts, ...shall I continue ranting and raving?
The point is, No matter how you start your car, it won't stop you from doing
something stupid once it's running...the classic example is people who back
out of driveways without looking behing them, the classic "sudden
acceleration" stuff with people bending throttle linkages with foot pressure
while insisting they were on the brakes, etc etc... are we next going to
advocate  a reverse gear interlock tied to a neck servo so you must convince
the car computer you have looked out the back before you can select
reverse???
My personal habit is to select neutral, rattle it around so I know it's
there, and start the car with the left foot on the brake and the handbrake
on. There isn't a starter moter or car engine made that can pull the car
harder than the brake system can stop it!
(end of soapbox, you just hit one of my BIG pet peeves....)