Re: Spitfire differential

To: rehc@xdiv.lanl.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire differential
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 17:26:01 -0400
Bob clark, rehc@xdiv.lanl.gov writes:
>Thus I am contemplating replacing the differential, hopefully before
>it totally goes out on me.  Does anyone know of a good source?

>From what I've heard / seen, the diff. is one of the weakest links
in the Spitfire / GT6 drivetrain.  And rebuilding requires special
tools to set pinion bearing ( I think that's the part) pre-load.
I remember seeing a post about a firm in No. Carolina that does
Spitfire diff. rebuilds using upgraded parts.  Perhaps they are on
the Monster List, or someone else can post more info.

Good luck,
Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits