Re[2]: Rebuilding Stromberg carbs

To: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Rebuilding Stromberg carbs
From: "LARRY E SNYDER" <LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 95 13:52:00 cst
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Stromberg carbs
From:    "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com> at CCGTWINT
Date:    5/2/95  1:27 PM

>What year is your car?  I'm not sure when the ZS carburetor changes took
>place, and up until I read Larry's comments, I had never heard that any of
>these carbs were completely non-adjustable.  However, I am familiar with the

So far, I seem to buy only those cars that have non-adjustable carbs. They
were on the first environmentally friendly engines, around 1968-1969.
They came "factory adjusted" so mere mortals wouldn't destroy the environment
by mucking up the mixture...

>All of this information is useless if Larry's right and you have a
>non-adjustable carb; but maybe Larry's wrong and you've overlooked the
>mixture screw at the base of the piston bore.

I didn't say that Henry's carbs were that kind. I merely suggested that he
needs to figure out what kind they are. The earlier ones were adjusted by
a nut underneath the float bowl which raised the jet up and down; then
came the "fixed" ones, then came the carbe with the adjustable needle, where
you need that funny tool to keep from tearing your diaphragm up.

>Kevin Riggs
>'72 TR6
>rkriggs@ingr.com
>Huntsville, AL