Re: Cracked TR-2 Head

To: Steve Manwell <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Subject: Re: Cracked TR-2 Head
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 07:41:35 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 2 May 1995, Steve Manwell wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with fixing such a crack on a TR 2/3/4 or
> other cast iron head?  TR2 heads are relatively scarce and often
> cracked, so it seems worthwhile to figure out a solution.

         Steve,

        I was more fortunate with the crack in my TR4's head...
        it was across the two rear water passages, so no fix was
        needed. Unless you are bound and determined to keep the
        original head on your Mog, why not get another head? Unless
        I'm thoroughly mistaken the differences in the various heads
        for the Vanguard motor can't be all that different. There
        should be plenty "previously owned" available. I don't
        know what your machine shop will charge to "stitch" your
        existing head, but it almost certainly will be more expensive
        than getting another...

        Greg

gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org                 1962 Triumph TR4
        "That's not a leak... My car is marking it's territory!"
Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois