The 250 without a past

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The 250 without a past
From: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 95 08:11:58 PDT
As a follow up to the ongoing controversy as to the actual
history and milage of my 250...

I just returned from an interesting business trip.  I made a
side trip to a shop that specializes in LBC's in Manchester, CT.

I brought my pack of pictures and had a great chat with the owner.
We walked through his inventory (read 'junkyard') and I took a hard
look at the rivets holding the commission plate to the inner fender.
I have to say the rivets on my car look a little suspicous, but I can't
be sure.  Also, the body number plate on my car DOES look
suspicous.  It does not sit flush with the firewall, it has a slight bow
in the middle.

I took sandpaper to several areas that I do not feel would have been
stripped to bare metal, and there is no green paint under the blue.
I did find green paint on the bonnet, under the structural members,
where it would be tough to get good paint coverage.

I am starting to think I have a comm plate and bonnet as original
equipment!  The plot thickens...

The 250 that hopes to have a future.
pp001287@.interramp.com (Henry Frye)