Rebuilding Stromberg carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding Stromberg carbs
From: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 95 08:30:00 PDT
I read my Haynes manual, studied the information I got
with my rebuild kits, and I still can't figure this one out.

I disassembled the carb as per the book and everything
was going fine until I got to the step where I took the $8.00
tool and inserted it into the piston sleeve.  There is nothing
down there to remove!  Isn't there a mixture adjusting
something down there?

I then removed the grub screw and needle, and everything
went smoothly from there.

Do some carbs not have the mix adjustment sitting on top of
needle?  Perhaps a later carb with a tamper-resistant mixture
adjustment?

I am going to do the other carb today and hopefully get them
back on the car.
The 250 that hopes to have a future.
pp001287@.interramp.com (Henry Frye)