Not going to do it..

To: Fine Fellow Scions <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not going to do it..
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 10:09:15 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Well,
        I looked at the 215 Al V-8 yesterday, but it was perhaps more of
a project than I wanted.  The cylinder liners were rusty, the crank was
missing.  I politely passed.
        Perhaps if I find a 62 Skylark in a barn, I'll consider the swap
again.  Right now, I'll deal with a slightly smoky 2.0 litre spit.  Well,
it only smokes above 6000 rpm.
        Purists don't worry, you'll still be able to flame me for my
black racing stripes, and the leather interior I made.  But you'll be
seeing my taillights as I sidestep the cluch on the 1-2 shift and the
GT-6 tranny screams for mercy....

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6