Re: Head Count for Filoli Tour

To: kerch@parc.xerox.com (Berry Kercheval)
Subject: Re: Head Count for Filoli Tour
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 15:00:46 PDT
Cc: SEFisher@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, italian-cars-digest@homer.balltown.cma.com, Johnmowog@aol.com, cak@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

>  > If you have NOT bought your tickets and you CAN buy them
>  > yourself, call (415) 364-2880 on Thursday and make
>  > arrangements to pick the tickets up on Saturday.
>
> I've just been on the phone to Filoli and Scott, and there are two things
> y'all should be aware of:
>
> the correct number for FLOWER SHOW tickets is 415 366 4640.  THe number above
> is for "regular" tickets, this new one is for Special events.
>
> You want PM tickets, not AM tickets.
>
> According to Roland, relayes through scott, the Filoli people anticipate "no
> problem" getting tickets at the gate but I figure better safe than sorry.
>
>   --berry
>
> Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center

The number I called was 415 366 4640 which is the "friends of Filoli".
When I talked to them there was some confusion on both ends, first when
I mentioned "the tour" they responded by saying, "there is no tour that
day", and second when I discussed buying tickets, there was more
confusion about pre-purchased tickets vs Will Call tickets.  Apparently
Will Call tickets are regular admission tickets you buy at the gate; at
least that was the impression I was left with.  Anyway, I gave up on all
this and asked if there was likely to be a shortage at the gate that day
and was told no.  Maybe the lady speaking for Filoli was just glad to get
me off of the line and would have said anything to end the conversation,
but with the crummy weather of late I decided not to risk $30 on
pre-purchased tickets.

The bottom line is, you might want to verify Saturday ticket
availability for yourselves.

Roland