Diesel Conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Diesel Conversion
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 08:45:30 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
With regards to the recent plea for info on a conversion from Triumph to
American or Jap power for a TR6, well I have been considering doing an engine
swap for my '64 TR4.  What with petrol prices soaring in England, I have been
contemplating changing the engine to a diesel lump that I have managed to get
from a Standard Vanguard Diesel (itself a very rare car).

OK, I realise that performance will be sedate by any standards(no pun
intended), but I am hoping for much improved economy...

Has anyone carried out a similiar swap, and if so what is involved, eg chassis
mods, engine mounts, will I be able to use the original gearbox....

Any info gratefully received, except death threats, acts of violence, etc.

Richard Jackson
England - Country where a mortgage is required to fill the petrol(gas) tank.