paint colors for TR4

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: paint colors for TR4
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 16:07:04 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
TeriAnn's right. Any color that looks period and like it might have come
on the car will probably work. Colors that could never have been on a
car of that period will look great alone but somehow terrible in a group
of other cars of the same period and manufacturer. Case in point; the
TR3 that Andy Mace mentioned. I was there with Andy and remember this car
well. The champagne color looked dazzling in the parking lot but next to
the other TR3s....
I too am a purist and like period colors, but I also recognize the fact
that 90 percent of the time your car will not be in a line of other TR4s
and you are the one that has to look at it then. Pick what you like.
My choice for the TR3 was made, like TeriAnn's, by process of elimination.
The original black was out. No way the car would ever be straight enough to
be black. I don't care for the powder blue, BRG (as bad as black, actually),
apple green or gray. Which left red (too many red TRs) and yellow. So the
car is primrose yellow. Which ought to really stand out in a line of red
TRs and *still* be period.
FWIW
Rik

Rik Schlierer                        "Keep a good thought"
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US                 (B. MILLER)
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY