Re: Automatic Chokes: To Be or Not To Be...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Automatic Chokes: To Be or Not To Be...
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 14:14:14 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Nobody mentioned that you're supposed to step on the accelerator _before_
you try pulling out the choke! That's the correct method on my TR6. Granted,
a difficult to pull-out choke cable can be other things (like rusty cable
etc) but both of the TR6's that I have owned would not let you pull out the
choke unless you stp on the GO pedal first! Try it!

rml

p.s. the TR choke cable is monofiliment...hopefully, it won't fray! They
do rust, though!

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     | E-Mail: lang@isis.mit.edu