Re: [Tigers] The answer to a question that no one asked...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] The answer to a question that no one asked...
From: David Sosna via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 10:11:35 -0700

--------------iwOsk5dFUDUOpPwhHZNBz3nX

Hey, Ron:

I'll qualify my response by noting that I don't have an EV, so this is
largely theoretical for me.

I like the idea of a charger on each phone pole.  Seriously. Travelling
between cities it seems like I could stop at a handy phone pole, whip
out my credit card, get information on what that particular electricity
provider is selling a KWH for, go ahead with my transaction and get a
receipt.  Okay, SOMEbody has to make sure that the roll of receipt paper
on each phone-pole charger is kept full. ð???

Given that my city is gradually undergrounding telephone and electric
utilities, a lack of phone poles in a city doesn't seem like a big deal;
conventional charging stations would be--in the same future of
phone-pole chargers--as readily available there as gas stations are now.

There's probably a lot of reasons why it wouldn't work and I'm guessing
your suggestion was tongue-in-cheek, but I still like it--it's elegant. ð???

Best Regards

David Sosna

On 10/3/22 07:21, Ron Fraser wrote:

> I saw the All Girls Garage show and it seems to me the Borla rep
> stated that there were several different engine sounds in the
> controller including Ferrari and more were being developed.   Alright,
> a Prius with Ferrari engine sound.
>
> I think Borla found a niche for those who just canâ??t be without the
> latest electronic gismo.   Borla will make a profit until the craze
> evaporates or a government body says NO more please.
>
> Seems to me California and New York have already banned the sale of
> petrol engine by 2035.   My 1^st question would be how many of those
> politicians own an EV now?   My guess, few.
>
> IMO the politicians have jumped to step 20 without considering the
> consequences.   The power grid is not ready, the charging stations are
> not ready, battery technology is better but not totally ready for
> prime time and more important; until the EV range is specified for 20
> degrees F, Iâ??m not interested.   Regional Transit here has some EV
> buses and if it get too cold they canâ??t use them, the range drops too
> far.
>
> I would only consider a Hybrid vehicle in snow country.
>
> EV vehicles are needed for major cities to clear the air but country
> folks drive longer distances for everything including work.   Some of
> those EVâ??s are going to leave people stranded in the winter unless
> they put a charging station on every telephone pole.
>
> Ron Fraser

  <head>
  </head>
      this is largely theoretical for me.</p>
      Travelling between cities it seems like I could stop at a handy
      phone pole, whip out my credit card, get information on what that
      particular electricity provider is selling a KWH for, go ahead
      with my transaction and get a receipt.  Okay, SOMEbody has to make
      sure that the roll of receipt paper on each phone-pole charger is
      kept full. ð???</p>
      electric utilities, a lack of phone poles in a city doesn't seem
      like a big deal; conventional charging stations would be--in the
      same future of phone-pole chargers--as readily available there as
      gas stations are now.<br>
      guessing your suggestion was tongue-in-cheek, but I still like
      it--it's elegant. ð???</p>
      cite="mid:001901d8d733$7fb2d540$7f187fc0$@bluefrog.com">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle19
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          seems to me the Borla rep stated that there were several
          different engine sounds in the controller including Ferrari
          and more were being developed.   Alright, a Prius with Ferrari
          engine sound.<o:p></o:p></p>
          just canâ??t be without the latest electronic gismo.   Borla
          will make a profit until the craze evaporates or a government
          body says NO more please.<o:p></o:p></p>
          already banned the sale of petrol engine by 2035.   My
1<sup>st</sup>
          question would be how many of those politicians own an EV
          now?   My guess, few.<o:p></o:p></p>
          without considering the consequences.   The power grid is not
          ready, the charging stations are not ready, battery technology
          is better but not totally ready for prime time and more
          important; until the EV range is specified for 20 degrees F,
          Iâ??m not interested.   Regional Transit here has some EV buses
          and if it get too cold they canâ??t use them, the range drops
          too far.   <o:p></o:p></p>
          snow country.<o:p></o:p></p>
          clear the air but country folks drive longer distances for
          everything including work.   Some of those EVâ??s are going to
          leave people stranded in the winter unless they put a charging
          station on every telephone pole.<o:p></o:p></p>
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net";>&lt;tigers-bounces@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
 <b>On Behalf Of </b>GARY
              WINBLAD<br>
              <b>To:</b> Jim B <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:jbsyv@yahoo.com";>&lt;jbsyv@yahoo.com&gt;</a>; Jim B via Tigers
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>&lt;tigers@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] The answer to a question that
              no one asked...<o:p></o:p></p>
            became obsolete, some people just don't adapt <o:p></o:p></p>
            the price and fear that the power grid won't support <o:p></o:p></p>
            enough (unfortunately) to worry about this one. <o:p></o:p></p>
            running on solar panel charged electricity.  All <o:p></o:p></p>
            mile ranged but it gets 70MPG on trips, great <o:p></o:p></p>
            thinking of how I could build one myself.  The <o:p></o:p></p>
            sound of scraping, screeching sounder to warm blind <o:p></o:p></p>
            come up with that, a V8 burble would be so much <o:p></o:p></p>
              &lt;<a href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";
                moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
              wrote: <o:p></o:p></p>
[...]
              Sunday drives are the norm. </span> <o:p></o:p></p>
                that said; I kinda like the George Jetson sound idea! I
                can see EV drivers gettin creative with sound effects.
                That could be a hoot. AND, I have to admit that
                I clothes pinned playing cards into the spokes of my
                bicycle as a kid! </span> <o:p></o:p></p>
              <o:p></o:p></p>
              <o:p></o:p></p>
B</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                <o:p></o:p></p>
                    Sencindiver &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:jd.sencindiver@gmail.com";
                      moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">jd.sencindiver@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                    wrote: <o:p></o:p></p>
                      Borla system get installed on a Mustang MachE on
                      an episode of All Girls Garage (Motor Trend TV).
<o:p></o:p></p>
                        Stu &lt;<a href="mailto:sabre2tgr@gmail.com";
                          moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">sabre2tgr@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                        wrote: <o:p></o:p></p>
                      style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
                                style="font-size:12.0pt">Just what
                                every EV owner needs... <o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:12.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                                style="font-size:12.0pt"><a
href="https://www.borla.com/products/active-performance-sound-for-electric-vehicles/";
                                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">Borla
                                  Active Performance Sound for Electric
                                  Vehicles</a> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">tigers@autox.team.net</a>
                        Donate: <a
                          href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
                        Archive: <a
                          href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                        Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jd.sencindiver@gmail.com";
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jd.sencindiver@gmail.com</a>
                        <o:p></o:p></p>
style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">tigers@autox.team.net</a>
                    Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                      moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
                    Archive: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";
                      moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                      moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                    Unsubscribe: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jbsyv@yahoo.com";
                      moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jbsyv@yahoo.com</a>
                    <o:p></o:p></p>
style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">tigers@autox.team.net</a>
            Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
            Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
            Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net</a>
            <o:p></o:p></p>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net</a>

</pre>

--------------iwOsk5dFUDUOpPwhHZNBz3nX--

--===============5687731781615830004==