Re: [Tigers] Tiger Rear Sway bar

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Rear Sway bar
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 17:59:05 -0400
Cc: Tiger List Serve <tigers@autox.team.net>

--000000000000cec13f05cd2971f7

FWIW, my previous owner put a much heavier sway bar on the front, which I
only discovered when I tried to replace its rubber bushings. During some
spirited parade laps on a road course the thing understeered like a pig, I
wondered if the front tires were going to get ripped off their rims.  The
PO had also put helper leafs on the rear springs, but I took them off
because of the overly stiff ride.  Maybe these would have stiffened the
rear to match the front, but the stiffer front bar alone doesn't work.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 4:54 PM Joel Martin via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Was a rear sway bar originally fitted on the Tiger or was it a LAT option
> or not?  Size, mounting points? Either way could someone post some pictures
> of how they were suppose to be mounted and installed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joel Martin

--000000000000cec13f05cd2971f7

W, my previous owner put a much heavier=C2=A0sway bar on the front, which I=
 only discovered when I tried to replace its rubber bushings. During some s=
pirited parade laps on a road course the thing understeered like a pig, I w=
ondered if the front tires were going to get ripped off their rims.=C2=A0 T=
he PO had also put helper leafs on the rear springs, but I took them off be=
cause of the overly stiff ride.=C2=A0 Maybe these would have stiffened the =
rear to match the front, but the stiffer front bar alone doesn&#39;t work.<=
ttr">On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 4:54 PM Joel Martin via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div=
-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-=
family:garamond,&quot;new york&quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=
=3D"ltr">Was a rear sway bar originally fitted on the Tiger or was it a LAT=
 option or not?=C2=A0 Size, mounting points? Either way could someone post =
some pictures of how they were suppose to be mounted and installed?</div><d=
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=