Re: Some Questions about my car when you have time to read...

To: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Some Questions about my car when you have time to read...
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:35:26 -0400
Hello,

Here's a couple of tips:

I very much doubt your coil is bad.  Look elsewhere.  It sounds
like it is running really rich, but I know nothing about Webers.

As for the lights, the wiring has a bunch of these 4-way bullet receptacles
(that join 3 or 4 wires).  The springy metal contacts inside them can crack,
and make a lousy connection.  Buy a dozen new ones, and replace every one
you can find.  There are some behind the center for the front frame
cross member, and one in the trunk between the two taillights.

Also get some of the 2-way receptacles and replace those, too.

When you clean electrical contacts, do NOT use sandpaper!  It is too aggressive
and will remove any tinning or plating on the contacts, which will allow
corrosion to form again.  Steel wool or a plastic scrubby works better.
If you use steel wool, be sure to clean up afterwards.

Good Luck,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org