Re: Starving for Fuel?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starving for Fuel?
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:44:23 -0400
The gas tank vent that runs to the charcoal canisters might be blocked.  If
so, as the
fuel is pumped out, it creates a partial vacuum in the tank which the fuel
pump is eventually
unable to overcome.  This is easily tested by opening your gas cap when the
car dies.
If you have a WHOOSH! of inrushing air, that's your problem.

Best!

Greg

===     http://www.vtr.org