Re: Weber carb question.

To: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>,
Subject: Re: Weber carb question.
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:10:19 -0000
Nolan Penny wrote:
> The downdraft is a street carburetor, stock on many millions of 4 cylinder
> cars made throughout the late 20th century.  It is a very streetable
> carburetor.  Both the carburetor and the manifold it sets on in a Spitfire
> limit its peak performance.

They fitted a downdraft Weber to the Fiat 500 I owned for happily no more
than a week. About the size of a packet of 10 cigarettes.  Think I prefer
Solex or Zenith downdrafts, at least they would be true to prototype -
fitted to Heralds, Vyteezes and Vanguards - among others :)

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org