Re: Weber carb question.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber carb question.
From: Kirk Crawford <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:22:06 -0800
I have the DGV (Downdraft) Weber in my car.
See pictures of the install here:
http://www.kirkanddonna.com/kirk/spitfire/engine/
BTW, I switched to a K/N style air filter.  The one that came with it
(and is pictured) burned through the foam where the valve cover vent
blows into it.

I agree with Joe, that there is unequal length in the intake tubes,
but I don't notice a problem with it for daily driving.  The carb is
fantastic.  It just works.  No more balancing or tuning every six
months.  I got the unit with electric choke.  It does take a while to
get the timing of the electric choke adjusted right, but after that it
works just fine.

The way I see it if you want reliable, easy maintenance, go with the
DGV.  If you want max performance or are a racer, go with single or
twin DCOE's.

If you want originality and want to fiddle with it every few months go
with twin SU's. <grin>

===     http://www.vtr.org