Re: Help!

To: lvaughan@pldi.net
Subject: Re: Help!
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:35:52 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
To me, the most satisfying part of rebuilding a car is knowing that I have kept
one more of them from disappearing forever.   I have spent the past 6 months
bringing a 1973 GT6 that sat in a barn for 18 years back to life.  I could
easily have spent the same amount of money buying one that already ran, but
this one surely would have ended up being dismantled if I hadn't saved it.  It
was a mechanical disaster area but the body was so straight I just couldn't
resist fixing it.  I haven't started on the body and interior yet, but it seems
like it turns more heads than my restored 1967 GT6 does so I plan to leave it
that way for a while and just enjoy driving it.  You might say it has a nice,
uh, patina to it.  It won't outrun a modern rice rocket, but who cares?  How
many of those Hondas are going to be on the road in 30 years?
Dave