Re: help!

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help!
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:35:08 -0400
Way to go Larry,
we've all been there when the work seems overbearing. When this happens, I
take a break, get into my Spit [luckily I have her to drive while I'm slaving
over the GT6], drive around and marvel at the old little beauty which is so
eager to run and drives very reliable though, like all Spits, she's a bit
temperamental  at times, . She will never win a race. She will not even win
her class at a show because she's my daily driver and not pampered. I live on
a gravel road. So, she gets dusty, muddy and is full of stone chips. But
nothing, not even rain, will hold me back from driving her.
This little car and I belong together. Can you see the devotion and love I
have for these cars??? They are special.

You see, I'm a female and not as young as you may think. I struggle all the
time, learning how to do the job, use certain tools, struggle to learn how to
weld [set my hair on fire in the process]. I do body work and prep, which is
one of the most boring and dirties job one can imagine. Still, I see progress
on the GT6. I've learned not to look at the big picture, but take it one step
at a time. It doesn't matter when this car will be on the road. I know,
eventually it'll happen.

Like you, I'm just about to start stripping the frame. Like you, I've battled
removing thick tar-like undercoating. Don't know how many days/weeks I've
spent scraping this stuff off everything....!!! Our frame needs repairs. We
don't have the luxury of a new one. So, we'll weld it together. It'll be fine
when we're done.

Hang in there with the job. We'll support you if you need pep talks and
advise. And yes, chase that PT cruiser...never liked those cars either...ha
ha....Ohhh I just know, someone will own one and flame me severely....
Cheers
Liv
Ohh.... I just got back form checking out a newly to be build race track in
our area. It's still under construction and it hasn't been paved at this
point. I drove it on gravel.... I vowed and promised to myself that, someday,
I'll be racing on this track in my Spit. Bring it on.