Re: Leaky gas...again.

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaky gas...again.
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:52:18 -0400
The fuel pump can continue to deliver up to one-stroke's worth of
gasoline after the engine is off.  The cam cocks the pump and the spring
delivers, so if the engine stops with the cam out of the way of the pump
lever, one full pump's worth of fuel can be delivered.  Now that
wouldn't be enough to flood the engine compartment, but it could make a
small puddle.

Donald.