Re: Leaky gas...again.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaky gas...again.
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@roomies.furry.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:34:35 -0700
At 07:20 PM 6/14/2004, David Mayer wrote:
>Well...i just replaced the floats and the float valve needles in my SU's.
>Everything was fine while the car was running for about 20 minutes.
>HOwever, at some point during the night, the rear carb started leaking,
>from the chamber as well as the front of the carb.  What else could be the
>problem here?  The front chamber did not leak at all, but the rear dumped
>a hearty amount of gas.  Any thoughts?

Is this with the original mechanical fuel pump or is there an aftermarket
electric one in place?  Some folks replace the mechanical with an inline
electric pump and while that works, it can often times be too powerful for
the even the floats to keep shut down after filling the bowls.  A pressure
regulator set to around 3 pounds, sometimes less, takes care of that.

-Vegaman Dan
This message has been sent by Dan Canaan, aka Flinthoof.  All content is
copyrighted by this individual for better or for worse, especially if there
is mint involved.  We thank you for your support.  Please give mint to your
local Mint Cross Center.