Re: Re: What's it worth? *Kinda long...*

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: What's it worth? *Kinda long...*
From: <jblair1948@COX.NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 7:14:07 -0400
> Quoting David Mayer <celiracer81@hotmail.com>:
>
>I have been very busy lately and getting very discouraged
>this summer with the Spitfire.  So discouraged that i am
>to the point of THINKING about getting rid of it.....

David,

It sounds like you need a mentor and an attitude
adjustment.  When I redtored my Morgan it took me
4 yrs and 1740 hours.  I started restoring my
Bricklin in 1995 and am still working on it, almost
10 years and 2000 hours.

Yes, doing the work get depressing some times as you
don't see the end of the tunnel.  But as someone else
said, don't worry about completing the entire project,
set smaller goals.  It will come together in the long
run.

Look for another Spit owner in you area.  It's always
nice to have another car to check out, and it provides
incentative.  Also the other owner may be able to help
you.  Just hang in there, you'll get through it.  Just
don't let it get to you.  Walk away for a little while.
It's quite an education you get when you restore a car!

This has been discussed on the list before.  For a
hart warming store about why we do this, check out
the article by Terry Ann on my Morgan web page:

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/restoration.html

John