RE: OD trans

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD trans
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 06:12:39 -0400
First, carefully remove the OD switch with a small screwdriver.  The switch
is connected to the two wires coming up and through the shifter.  Disconnect
the wires.  Under the switch there is a slotted nut that holds the OD knob
to the shifter.  Loosen the chrome-plated nut under the OD a turn or two.
Take a wide bladed flat screwdriver and remove the slotted nut from inside
of the OD knob.  As they say, "reassembly is the reverse of disassembly".
All I know that it can be a bear to reconnect the OD wires to the backside
of the OD switch.  Too much wire length coming out of the shifter and there
isn't enough room for the wires to be tucked under the switch.  Too little
wire length, and it is very difficult to reconnect the wires to the OD
switch.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga