Re: Carb Linkage?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Linkage?
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:16:31 -0700
At 11:11 PM 15/09/03 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 09/15/2003 9:21:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>kc3565l@sprintmail.com writes:
>
><< The GT6 MkI's had a really funky carb linkage.  Install the linkage from a
>  1969 or later GT6, they used a cable instead of the Rube Goldberg thing
> that
>  was on the early ones. >>
>
>Only MkIII's had the cable linkage.  They had the Rube Goldberg variety
>through 1970.  I have a late '70 MkII, still Goldberg equipped.
>
>Bill J

Back in 1968,.,,,   I traded in my 58 TR3 for a brand new GT6  cuz it had a
little more room for a new member of he family..... Big Mistake,  It leaked
like a sieve  and was like driving a marshmellow in comparison.   I sold it
within the year.  The fellow who bought it wrapped it around a telephone
pole.  He said the throttle linkage stuck on him.  Ya... I could see that
happening easily.  It was pretty funky alright.

I had that happen once on me in an Austin Mini 850,,,,, but I had the
presence to hit the ignition key, not the telephone pole.   Those damn
bicycle cables tend to fray one strand and get lodged in the cable
sheath.  Something to be said for solid rod linkage.

cheers
Marv