Re: fs: 79 spitfire - colorado.... - back home

To: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: fs: 79 spitfire - colorado.... - back home
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 01:56:13 +0100
Oh yeah, that's right blame it on me! :))))

Nobody feels safe, most of all me....

I am currently majorly stressed out dealing with the insurance... the
paper work has been handed from one company to the other... and it hasnt
reached its final destination yet... lost somewhere between solicitors
offices... and Im very tired of playing piggy in the middle.

What did cheer me up today was that my car finally came home....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/backagain/DSCF0001.jpg

The rear wheels were locked tight against the body... so we had to use
the engine hoist and wheel it half way down the road because there were
too many cars in the way for the lorry to get past... blocked the road
for a good 20 minutes.... getting it up the curb was interesting too....

Then, because the garage is still full, we had to park it tight against
the fence so that the neighbour can use the shared driveway. I ended up
playing Buckaroo with a trolley jack and a car... risking a broken arm
to add to my broken heart.

Anyway, it feels good to have her home. Even if she is a crumpled mess...

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit Parts Car (hurrah!)