Re: stuck oil pan drain plug

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stuck oil pan drain plug
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:59:02 -0700
At 12:33 AM 12/05/03 EDT, you wrote:
>hi, what is the most effective way of loosening stuck bolts(on a budget)? I
>don't want to strip the drain plug, it's really stuck! I see a little rust
on
>the threads. it's a 73 spitfire, it is a 7/16 right?  Thanks for any
>response.
>
>          Todd

Because they are a square head I use an old trusty adjustable crescent
wrench I call my "English fitall"  It is a 12 inch adjustable with quite
thick blades or gripping area. I also suggest you might try a product in a
small can  called liquid wrench, it is handy to have around and saved my
many times.

cheers
Marv