Indicators

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Indicators
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:24:00 +0000
Hi Listers,

Im having trouble with my indicatators, having checked everything's
plugged in (I think....) I didnt have anything to go on - however
yesterday I finally installed a voltmeter gauge - Ive found that when
the indicators are on, the voltage drops quite a bit.

This is a very cool effect on the voltmeter - it sort of ticks from side
to side - but my indicators seem to decide when they want to work
themselves - they always work - just sometimes they dont flash - and
sometimes its less of a flash, and more of a blip every now and then.
They dont work at all when Im pressing the foot brake - but they work
when the hand brake is on.

Another thing - there is a connector that comes out of the fuse box -
its negative - and it isnt attached anywhere - its next to the wire that
connects to the optional map light - Im guessing perhaps this should
attach to the dash by way of a bolt or something - as it has a large
circular connector on the end of it.

ttfn,

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit - rather chilly at the moment with my ragged rag
top.