Flywheel Balancing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel Balancing
From: Eduard Tieseler <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:49:34 -0500
Hello listers,
Usually I'm a lurker, but I've got a question.  I had my Flywheel
modified to fit a different pressure plate.  The origional was the 2
centering dowel style and the new one is the 3 dowel type.  I took it to
a machine shop where they drilled and tapped 3 holes for the additional
bolts and drilled three more holes for the centering dowels.  (You may
be wondering about the remaining 3 holes for the bolts, well there were
three that lined up perfectly.)  Anyways, since the new holes were
evenly spread accross the flywheel and it was in balance before it was
modified, is there a need for me to balance the flywheel?  Or am I not
thinking right?

Thanks much,

Ed Tieseler
'66 Harold