Re: Ugly noises....

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ugly noises....
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously like what happened to my Spit 1500.  Is it
a loud knocking noise while driving with a reduction in performance?
That's what I got.  On tick-over she sounded fine, but if you press on
the gas sharply then I couuld re-create the clunk noise.

I managed to limp home when it occurred, but very soon the car could
barely shift its' own weight.

I never did find out exactly what had gone wrong, suffice to say that
there is now a different engine in my car...

If any one has any use for a broken FM series engine from a 1977 Spit
1500 then they are welcome to it!  (Sheffield, UK)

cheers
John

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com