Leaky boot seals, the answer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky boot seals, the answer
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:45:51 EDT
Hi listers, I have been reading about leaky boot seals and felt that maybe my
2pennyworth would come in handy here. When I renovated my Triumph Herald I
used Ford Escort MkII door seals for the Herald door seals, they slot in very
nicely and they fit a treat. I also used the same door seals off the Escort
MkII for the boot, and I never got a drop of water in. Even in a downpour.
Now I cant say the same for the Spitfire because mine wont be ready for at
least a couple of years so if anyone out there wants to try and do what I
did, but on a Spit, then be my guest. Let us all know if it works.

Happy Spitting...................John
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)

Outgoing mail is Virus Free.