SU Problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Problem
From: Phillip <metaz@knology.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:42:45 -0400
I just installed a pair of SU HS2 carbs to my 76 and I can't seem to figure
out why the front carb is leaking gas.  It is not noticeable until I shut
the car down gas leaks out of the inside of the carb from the jet.  Could
it be that the needle is not sealing.  I thought that the float might have
a leak but when I pulled it out I couldn't see any fuel inside.  I just
replaced the exhaust with a stainless setup from Rimmer Bros. and figured
while I was at it I would rebuild and install the SUs that have been
sitting on my shelf for a while.  Thanks for any help!

Phillip
76' Spitfire 1500 (new carbs??)

metaz@knology.net
http://www.knology.net/~metaz